Chaperoning and Senior Management Selection Assistance
Is your firm looking to promote someone who would be performing the Compliance and/or Money Laundering Reporting Officer role(s) for the first time? Would you like to provide the prospective appointee with an experienced sounding board for a set period of time after their appointment to help them settle into their role(s)?
Maybe your firm has identified that it needs to recruit someone to perform a senior manager function (“SMF”) role and would like some help to identify whether someone:
- Has a suitable understanding of their obligations under the Senior Managers and Certification Regime (“SMCR”) to be able to pass a potential interview for prospective approved persons scheduled by the Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”);
- Can demonstrate a good working knowledge of the regulatory obligations that govern the specific activities that they will oversee; and
- Is the right cultural fit for your organisation?
Perhaps you have recently been appointed to perform a SMF for the first time and would like some support for a set period of time to help you understand your regulatory obligations and how to fulfil them?
C&G Regulatory Solutions can assist you with these needs and more:
- Assisting with the drafting of role specifications and associated SMCR documentation;
- Assisting with interview preparation and participating in interviews if desired;
- Preparing selection exams to test candidates’ understanding of regulation, conduct matters and the UK financial environment; and
- Building structured post appointment programmes to help build a new senior manager’s confidence and to help develop competence in any areas that an appointee has not previously been familiar with.
Please note that C&G Regulatory Solutions does not supply legal services as defined in the Legal Services Act 2007 and associated regulations and guidance thereto. Accordingly, any advice or guidance given does not constitute legal advice. However, C&G Regulatory Solutions may be able to refer clients to legal service professionals for any legal queries that they may have.
Please contact us for a free, no-obligation, one hour initial consultation to discuss your requirements.